Powertech makes safety switches with trip indication & communication card has solved the problem arises with traditional safety switches it was difficult to trace the actuated switch as these switches are placed far away from each other as well as from the contril room.
Powertech offers these switches with communication card so that operator can easily locate the actuated switch & can give instruction to the field person accordingly. Card inside these switches is assigned with specific address code.
Operation of the System
The system consist of two part
- Trip indicator
- Safety switch with communication card.
Signals from all the field safety switches with communication card is given to the trip indication unit places in the control room, when ever particular switch is operated the receives to the indication systems changes & displays the particular switch on display of the unit. The indication unit changes its o/p signal from no to nc whenever any fault condition occurs. This signal is further can take for interlocking purpose
Advantages Over Conventional System
- Time required in manual search for actuated switch is eliminated.
- Further action can taken very rapidly
- Grouping is possible
- Trip indicator with fail safe circuit
- Every Switch will have specific address code so actuated switch can be directly displayed
- The system does not require extra PLS i/p
- Interchangeable data address code with the help of held terminal so replacement is easy hence do not
- Require to make inventory for each addressed switch
- Signal cabling can be done by 2 core cable only.
- Communication failure is indicated in control room & safety is ensured
- Weatherproof switches IP 65
- No or NC contact of PCS an be used and is selectable by user.
- Scrolling facility is available to scroll no. of operated PCS.
- All operated PCS will be displayed one by one
- Auto reset facility for removing indication reseted PCS
- No restriction on the distance between switches and control room
- Skip channel no. with bypass facility is available
- For cable short or open separate fault reply output option for conveyor tripping
- Grouping is Possible
- Max. No. of PCS are 999 and can be divided in 1 to 4 groups
Please specify following points to select proper model.
- No of Switches to interface
- No of Groups.
- Length of conveyor / cable.
Pull cord switch is mounted on the walkway side of the conveyor belt, preferably at about every 20-25 meters. When the rope is pulled from any side. The switch get operated. Unless and until the handle is reset to normal position manually, the switch remains in operated condition.Pull Rope switch All the Pull Cord Switches installed along an individual belt are electrically wired in series and connected to the control station by a two core cable. Therefore actuation of any one of these Pull Cord Switches will stop the concerned conveyor until the particular switch is manually reset.
Pull Cord Wire / Rope and Typing Accessories
Pull cord wire, Dia. Aprox. 5 – 6 mm, 6 x 7 construction, galvanized steel wire with PVC cover. Specially extruded for material handling industry.
Tying clips, Cable Guide, Eye Bolt, Tension Spring, Cable Gland for tying pull cord cable to individual switch are also supplied at extra cost.