Belt – Sway Switch / Belt Misalignment Switch
- Universal (common) Cast Aluminium / DMC enclosure.
- Same overall and general mounting dimensions and hence reduction in variety of mounting brackets.
- Rationalized design and construction allows inter changeability of parts.
- Special rubber seal (0 ring) on shaft for better protection against ingress of dust, dirt etc.
- Special Ring & Overlap Fitting to prevent ingress of dust & water.
Standard Specifications :
- Enclosure: Weatherproof, field mounding type, IP65 Cast Al / Cast Iron, epoxy painted.
- Colour : epoxy painted, light gray,Yellow or as per request
- DMC (FRP) enclosure for use in corrosive environment.
- Special flame proof enclosure for use in hazardous area, Group lla, llb, llc
- Output Contacts : 1NO + 1NC / 2NO + 2 NC
- Contact Rating for standard models: 16Amp resistive at 440 VAC
- Contact Rating for models with reed switch contact: 30VA, 24 VDC/ 230V AC, 1 Amp. ( please specify your control voltage )
- Standard Operating Position: 1 – 0
- Reset : Pull Cord Switch: Manual Reset Type
- Belt Sway Switch: Auto Reset Type
Optional Accessories / Function :
- Separate junction Box for termination of cables
- Indicating lamp : long life led indicating lamp for the indication of operated pull cord switch
- Mechanical flag indication for pull cord switch
- Mounting Bracket
- Operating Position 1 – 0 – 1
- Communication card ( For Trip Indicator )
- Hermetically sealed reed contacts for use in extremely dusty and corrosive conditions
Belt – Sway Switch Series : BSW
The switch allows smooth running of the conveyor and protects it from damages by over swaying which can occur due to uneven loading of material, worn out idler roller bearings etc. Belt sway switch is also known as Run Off Switch
The switch is housed in dust and weatherproof enclosure with IP65 grade of protection. The contact roller is supported on poly plastic bearing (Delrin) having high relativity of lubrications and the lowest coefficient of friction. This assures smooth operation of the roller over a long period of the time. Roller mechanism is of self reset type. The enclosure is epoxy painted to withstand harsh climate.
For normal running of the belt with acceptable swaying, the belt-sway switch is generally mounted on both sides and near the edge of the conveyor belt. A is generally mounted on the both sides and near the edge of the conveyor belt. A small clearance is allowed between contact roller and the belt edge to allow the normal running of the belt with acceptable swaying. When swaying exceeds normal limit, the belt edge pushes the contact roller, which drives the switch and operates the contacts. The switch reset automatically when the belt resumes normal running.